Sunday, August 9, 2009

Is it just me, or is Ol' McDonald a little crazy?

So, one of Ady's favorite songs right now is Ol' McDonald had a farm.  She calls it "i o i o" which is obviously really cute.  But lately the farmer has had some pretty weird things on his farm.  The other night at bed time she ask Zack to sing it (and when she asks for it she also tells us what animal to sing about on the farm).  First she ask for an octopus, and told us it says "blolel blolel" (with a funky tongue thing).  And we thought that was so funny, because like a farmer would have an octopus.  But then she ask for it again, only this time he had a cookie, and the cookie says "yum yum".  Next he had a princess that says "pretty pretty".  And my all time favorite, he had a bucket on his farm that said "pick pick".  I don't even know where she gets this stuff from.  

    Ol McDonald had a farm, e i e i o
    And on this farm he had a bucket, e i e i o
    With a pick pick here and pick pick there
    Here a pick, there a pick, everywhere a pick pick
   Ol McDonald had a farm, e i e i o

I get the princess saying pretty and the cookies saying yum, but I'm just not sure why the bucket says pick.  If you ask me, it sounds like Ol' McDonald is a little tipsy.  Ady is so funny, we just can't get enough of her.

Also, lately she likes to tell me I'm cute.  At first I thought it was so cute and sweet, but now I know why.  She only likes to tell me that after she has done or said something naughty.  Like she'll say something mean to me and I'll say "what?" (you know, in the tone of voice so she knows she's done something wrong).  And instead of repeating herself she looks and me and says so sweetly, "you're cute mom".  What a stinker.




3 comments:

RL said...

she sounds SO MUCH like her dad.... how fun she is.

Haslams said...

I am laughing so hard I can hardly breathe! What a funny little girl!

Savy said...

What a cutie! i love that girl! I know why the bucket is "pick" because you "pick" it up...maybe?? love you guys tons! what a crack up!