Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ice, Ice Baby....

This last week the weather has been pretty crazy. Last weekend the weather was so nice. It was in the 60's and there wasn't even a lot of wind. It was super. Then on Monday morning a storm moved in. It was an ice storm. It was really really cold and windy and man was it i-cy. I couldn't believe how covered everything was. I looked out my window around noon and saw ice on the window. I thought it might just be water, so I went outside to check it out. Bad idea.... I nearly died. The back porch was covered in a layer of ice about a quarter of an inch thick, but I couldn't see it at all. The ground looked dry, so I stepped down from the step and started sliding all over the place. Took me completely by surprise, and I pulled my groin trying not to fall (poor Keri). After that I decided if I went outside I risked putting myself in mortal danger. So anyway, they canceled Zack's school Monday afternoon, Tuesday, and Wednesday (which was incredibly awesome but mostly unnecessary). It took Zack an hour and a half to drive home; a drive which usually takes 15 minutes. We could stand at the top of our neighbors driveway and slide all the way down without doing anything. It was crazy fun. It was supposed to get worse on Tuesday, but instead it just snowed this really weird snow (more like ice dust, or salt). So they could have had school on Wed. but Oklahomans can't drive in bad weather so they canceled it again, and all the schools except the Universitys were closed today. It's crazy. Anyway then tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be really warm again. I love Oklahoma!



This picture is from last years ice storm
(which was way worse), but you get the idea.

3 comments:

Jamie Bills said...

Cute blog! I hope things work so that we can get together this next week! Sorry to hear that you are sick. :(

Anonymous said...

Now I have that song stuck in my head. Ice Ice Baby dun dun dun dududu dun.

Anonymous said...

Hey Keri... We are sorry that we missed seeing you too. I know Jenny would have liked to see you and your girls. I love going visiting teaching with your mom. She is a neat lady!