Monday, February 2, 2009

Air Force Update

I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on with Zack and the Air Force. We finally heard back from the recruiter, and Zack was picked up as an alternate. He's number 23 on the alternate list. What this means is that all the scholarships were already given away (he was late for the first deadline because of the whole being a women thing and having to have a "sex change") and so now if an incoming dental student doesn't get accepted to school, then that scholarship goes to an alternate. We're still hopeful that he'll get in; the recruiter said they got to alternates in the 50's last year, so we'll keep our fingers crossed and keep praying for the best.

http://216.81.179.146/today.html

3 comments:

Josh and Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh and Sara said...

Hey Zach and Keri, this is Josh Carpenter, I just got into dental school this year and I joined the Army. My recruiter told me that they have a ton of scholarships still available. Plus if they also give a $20,000 sign-on bonus if you want to give them a 4 year commitment. So that is something to think about if you don't get into the Airforce. I orginally wanted to join the Airforce but after doing a lot of research and talking to some military dentists I found that the Army was a little better of a deal (for me anyway). Anyway I hope everything is going good Congrats on the two beautiful girls!

Kristen and Rob Christiansen said...

I'm so happy Zack is a boy now. I hope he gets in. I hope you and your family are doing good.